Monday, January 12, 2009

The unpredictable life...

I think God uses the strangest of circumstances to get us to take a step back and look at our lives. Every small circumstance or frustration is a reflection of who you are and ultimately a revelation of who God is. I stumbled upon this thought after several situations today. For starters this morning I woke up, scrambled to get ready to leave for work an hour early as I had errands to run. I look out the window, once I came up from the dungeon from which I live, only to find snow covering the ground and complete white out conditions.

Now for those of you who know me you know that I am religously following the weather and sending my prayers up to the Lord waiting for snow. So I should have been joyful that my prayers were answered, but somehow I wasn't, I was annoyed. The reason for that is that this snow wasn't planned. There was no snow in the forecast, no waiting for days in anticipation...nothing! Over the last couple of months I have been constantly disappointed by the big white storm on the way...that never comes.

I realized that we cannot plan out everything, if you know me then you know that I am a planner to the extreme my friend pointed this out to me again today. I am reminded that all we can do is enjoy our lives and anticipate that God will send us little suprises along the way. I am trying to learn to plan less and enjoy more. :)

No comments: